New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2006-09-12 02:12:45

maxie
Banned

Re: Redesigning some things...

I thought about some improvements to the wiki...

How about creating some kinds of portals ? For example, a portal about ISRU, with short descriptions of technologies involved, and for each, a link to a full article. The same for Mars (well, the Mars page already has a structure similar to a portal).

Also, some improvement to the Main Page, with portals listed there, and some important links, replacing all the links in the middle ? Something like this:

http://www.newmars.com/wiki/index.php/User:Maxie/Test

It this is okay to you people, what portals should we create ? I have some ideas, for example Mars, Missions to Mars, Living on Mars, In-Situ Resource Utilisation.

Maybe something about civilization and culture ? Technology ? Also, probably one about space travel in general...  smile

#2 2006-09-12 03:50:10

Rxke

sounds very good.

Sadly, I don't have that much time anymore to add stuff etc. But I'll try to keep an eye open on what happens and 'proofread' now and then.

#3 2006-09-12 14:06:29

noosfractal
Website

Your test page looks great, maxie.

Fan of [url=http://www.red-oasis.com/]Red Oasis[/url]

#4 2006-09-12 23:55:37

Rxke

Yes it does big_smile

I only had a look after writing my comment.

It looks very inviting, reminds me somehow of Hypercards, dunno why... But i like it verily.

rather offtopic: now the portalpage's invitation to have a look at the forums links to Liberum Olympia, wouldn't it be better it just linked to New Mars Forums Main page? I mean, in the off-chance someone stumbles onto the Wiki, and then clicks that link, they come into the discussionpage for the wiki, not the NMars discussions themselves...

#5 2006-09-13 01:54:54

maxie
Banned

OK, I'm glad you like it. Now, I need some ideas about main portals and topics in them. Something like

Portal:Mars -> topics: Water on Mars · Martian atmosphere · Climate of Mars · Magnetic fields of Mars · Life on Mars · Terraformation · etc etc...

#6 2006-09-13 02:35:57

maxie
Banned

Here's a preview:

http://www.newmars.com/wiki/index.php/U … ltMainPage

There is a problem: Because of the poetry <div> which is a float, the contents doesn't fit too well.... Any idea how to fix this ?

Board footer