New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2006-01-27 07:55:01

Rxke

Re: Stubs

I added a request to flesh out stubs at the mainpage.

Currently very few pages are categorized as a stub, so if you stumble upon one during browsing, just add {{stub}} at the bottom of it, it will then add a sentence asking you to expand on it.

I don't think it's a good idea to systematically go through all the pages and add it now, there are quite a lot of them (see: special pages/short articles for an overview)

Of course if you're bored, feel free to go and stubnotify some pages you think really need some more info...

#2 2006-01-27 13:04:28

Rxke

I should add the stub initiative came from maxie.

I feel bad not having said that initially.

#3 2006-01-30 05:20:55

maxie
Banned

No problem, Rxke.
About stub positioning: i think the stub template {{stub}} should be put at the very beginning of the page. I initially put them to the bottom, but it doesn't sit well there especially after i put them in a frame with border. And also, it should be visible as soon as someone opens an article.
What dou you think ?

#4 2006-01-30 05:50:27

Rxke

Do as you see fit, now that you have put it in that nice box, I guess it would indeed make more of an impact when put on the top of a page... but then again, somehow that feels too intrusive, heehee... But maybe that's the point: make it go away ASAP, by fleshing out articles.

Great job you're doing, BTW!

#5 2006-01-30 09:19:51

maxie
Banned

But maybe that's the point: make it go away ASAP, by fleshing out articles.

Exactly wink

Great job you're doing, BTW!

Thank you. Everyone is doing a good job!

Board footer