New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2004-04-24 11:03:58

Palomar

Re: James Lovell's Autograph - ...[& others @ farthestreaches.com]

http://www.farthestreaches.com]Click

*Can purchase autographed photos, magazines, cards, etc., of U.S. and Russian astronauts/cosmonauts.  Other good stuff in here too.  A bit on the pricey side, but I might part with a few $$ to get one of Lovell's sigs.

[I think astronautalicious James Lovell should send me a free autograph for being a fan of his!]  :laugh:

v_lovell_bio_03.jpg

g7lovell-k.jpg

http://www.legendsofairpower.com/biogra … ings.jpg]@ Apollo 13 hearings

http://www.geo.swt.edu/lovell/images/Lovells.gif]James & Marilyn Lovell [he's still got it!]

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2004-04-29 07:20:27

Palomar

*James Lovell was in El Paso yesterday!  big_smile  Apparently speaking to the local Kiwanis group.  I'd just walked out of the living room when I heard my husband say, "Jim Lovell."  Sure enough, a small-segment interview with him on KVIA.

If Mundaka reads this, did you catch the news as well?

I'll bet he's a guest in the home of Frank Borman last evening -- here, in Las Cruces.  smile  They (and Bill Anders) were Apollo 8.

http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/b … tml]Lovell in El Paso

Unfortunately, goings-on in this region aren't announced properly; I didn't know Lovell was coming to this area. 

--Cindy

::EDIT::  "West Side resident Kerry Jackson, 47, said he didn't know the danger the Apollo 13 crew faced when he was a boy."

*Huh?  And this Kerry Jackson is 9 years older than me?  I remember the incident (almost 5 years old), asking my father about it, watching news segments, and I remember my sister and I including the astronauts in our bedtime prayers during the crisis.

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

#3 2004-04-29 07:45:48

Shaun Barrett

Looks like your prayers did the trick, Cindy!   :up:

But, you know, I've looked really hard at the pictures of Jim Lovell you posted, and I just don't find him attractive at all ... !  (Nice fella though I'm sure he is.)
                                             tongue   big_smile

The word 'aerobics' came about when the gym instructors got together and said: If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it Jumping Up and Down.   - Rita Rudner

#4 2004-04-29 16:17:50

Palomar

Looks like your prayers did the trick, Cindy!   :up:

But, you know, I've looked really hard at the pictures of Jim Lovell you posted, and I just don't find him attractive at all ... !  (Nice fella though I'm sure he is.)
                                             tongue   big_smile

*Shaun, I'm sure your wife would be relieved to know you don't find Lovell attractive (and come to think of it, I sort of am as well).   :laugh:

I've seen lots of pics of Lovell.  He reminds me -- in his younger years -- of Kevin Costner (who, ironically, -isn't- a Hollywood favorite of mine).  Anyway...

There's just something about that man that is MMMm-mmmMM!!  ::teehee:: 

--Cindy  cool

#5 2015-11-25 19:24:47

SpaceNut
Administrator

Fixed another artifact and shifting topic
Both of these major contributors have not been back for a very long time and are quite missed...

Board footer