New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2016-08-02 12:50:04

JoshNH4H
Website

2016 Mars Society Convention

The 2016 Mars Society Convention will be September 22-25th at Catholic University of America in Washington, DC.

I'll be there.  Who else will be?

-Josh

#2 2016-08-02 14:34:32

IanM
Banned

Re: 2016 Mars Society Convention

I will unfortunately be in school when it happens. However, I send my best wishes!

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot live in a cradle forever. -Paraphrased from Tsiolkovsky

#3 2016-08-02 17:22:16

SpaceNut
Administrator

Re: 2016 Mars Society Convention

Sorry that I am not able to go but here are some more links to the show...this is the 19th Annual convention....

Save the Date - 2016 Mars Society Convention in Washington, D.C.

Our four-day space conference will bring together leading scientists, engineers, policymakers, government officials, entrepreneurs and journalists to address the significance of the latest scientific discoveries, technological advances and political-economic developments that could open the way to the human exploration and settlement of the Red Planet.

Convention highlights will include a series of public debates on key issues and challenges facing Mars exploration and the future of the U.S. space program, as well as the final face-off of university student teams presenting designs for the Mars Society’s International Gemini Mars competition.

Some of the scheduled speakers include: http://www.marssociety.org/home/19th-an … onvention/
+ Jim Green, Director, NASA Planetary Science Division
+ James Watzin, Director, NASA Mars Exploration Program
+ Don McCoy, Project Manager, ESA ExoMars
+ Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), U.S. House Committee on Science, Space & Technology
+ Paul Hertz, Director, NASA Astrophysics Division, Kepler Mission
+ Vera Mulyani, CEO & Founder, Mars City Design
+ Chris Carberry, CEO, Explore Mars
+ S. Pete Worden, Former Director, NASA Ames Research Center (Banquet Keynote Speaker)

http://www.marssociety.org/convention20 … edule.html

Board footer