New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2013-01-14 15:21:49

louis

Sponsoring the Mission

I was interested in what sponsorship funding a credible (e.g. Space X) Mars mission could attract over say 10 Years - from inception to landing + 2 years, for various "single sponsor" categories (i.e. the categories would run concurrently but would each have only a single sponsor).  I'd be interested in your estimates (in dollars)  for such 10 year deals.

1. Soft drinks (e.g. Coca Cola) -

2. Food (e.g. McDonalds) -

3. Travel company (e.g. Expedia) -

4. Books (e.g. Amazon)

5. Clothing (e.g. American Apparel)

6. University (purely sponsorship) -

7. Special TV and film rights -

8.  Sports goods (e.g. Nike) -

9.  Motor manufacture -

10.  Computer firm -

Just how much would they each pay to be an "Official Sponsor of Mars Mission 2022"?

Remember, the 2012 Olympics raised over $1billion through sponsorship funding, spread over probably about 6 years.

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

#2 2013-01-14 17:57:23

bobunf

Re: Sponsoring the Mission

After the Apollo 11 television spectacular, coverage of the following moon missions became increasingly brief and critical. NASA actually had to pay the networks to cover the last Apollo mission

#3 2013-01-14 19:18:38

louis

Re: Sponsoring the Mission

bobunf wrote:

After the Apollo 11 television spectacular, coverage of the following moon missions became increasingly brief and critical. NASA actually had to pay the networks to cover the last Apollo mission

So you're saying it's a negative sum...Space X will have to pay the networks to cover the first landing on Mars?

Let's Go to Mars...Google on: Fast Track to Mars blogspot.com

Board footer