New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2002-06-13 14:22:19

Adrian
Website

Re: The New Mars Index - For all your Mars needs

I was reading the topic on Food in the Life Support Systems forum and was going to add a quick reply about the possibility of growing meat-tissue in vitro, which would satisfy meat-eaters and provide a low-energy way of 'growing' meat.

I then realised that I've already mentioned this possibility at least twice before and wondered whether there was any point bringing it up again.

This kind of thing inevitably happens a lot on forums as new information and news comes along and new members join, resulting in topics being rehashed again and again. A solution would be to create an index of the very best New Mars discussions sorted by topic which members and all Internet users could refer and link to. I certainly think we've had some great discussions in many forums and I would hate to see them disappear into obscurity.

What I intend to do in the very near future is to create a monthly-updated (or thereabouts) page containing the 'best of' the New Mars forums. This sort of thing would be pretty good for a New Mars newsletter as well.

So, once again, I turn to the New Mars members to give suggestions for good threads in these forums! And don't feel too modest about nominating threads in which you've taken a large role.

Editor of [url=http://www.newmars.com]New Mars[/url]

Board footer