New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: This forum is accepting new registrations by emailing newmarsmember * gmail.com become a registered member. Read the Recruiting expertise for NewMars Forum topic in Meta New Mars for other information for this process.

#1 2002-12-17 17:20:21

Palomar

Re: Newspaper Articles

*I received my quarterly Mars Society newsletter in the mail the other day.  Reprinted in it were two newspaper articles; the one below, from the NY Times [I had to register in order to retrieve the entire document], and the other ["From Utah to Mars"] in The Boston Globe.  However, the Boston Globe doesn't give freebies, and I'm not inclined to put a charge on my credit card in order to share it here [sorry...].

Read on, and enjoy...

http://query.nytimes.com/search....49C8B63

--Cindy

We all know [i]those[/i] Venusians: Doing their hair in shock waves, smoking electrical coronas, wearing Van Allen belts and resting their tiny elbows on a Geiger counter...

--John Sladek (The New Apocrypha)

#2 2004-05-10 14:38:29

nirgal2002
Banned

Re: Newspaper Articles

I know this is rather behind the times, but I haven't posted here until recently.  I was on that crew with the Times reporter, and it was the most fun I have had in my entire life.  The reporter was also a very gracious guest and didn't complain about the smell while there (good thing to, since we all stunk).   :bars3:   Anyway, there have been many excellent articles written about MDRS, surprisingly more than FMARS.

Board footer