New Mars Forums

Official discussion forum of The Mars Society and MarsNews.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement: As a reader of NewMars forum, we have opportunities for you to assist with technical discussions in several initiatives underway. NewMars needs volunteers with appropriate education, skills, talent, motivation and generosity of spirit as a highly valued member. Write to newmarsmember * gmail.com to tell us about your ability's to help contribute to NewMars and become a registered member.

#1 2024-02-13 13:45:10

Void

Humanoid and other robots.

You guys could modify the title for Optimus and then blend this into that.

Otherwise, there are other humanoid robots to talk about.

Well, I wanted this video which I found on my phone, but cannot fetch with Bing: "Dr.  Know-It-All, Utube, "Solving AGI with Robots!" CTO of Sanctuary AI, 2h ago"

I guess something about Sanctuary will have to do.
https://sanctuary.ai/

But I guess I will mention some stuff I did elsewhere until I can fetch that video.  I was considering humanoid robots and legged solar panel robots for Mars: https://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.ph … 58#p219258

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-02-13 14:01:20)

Done.

#2 2024-02-13 14:22:00

tahanson43206

Re: Humanoid and other robots.

We sure have a lot of topics with robots in the title ....

Update 2024/04/09 - Calliban wrote a short post about a robot galaxy seed ship
http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 65#p221565

Humanoid and other robots. by Void
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     0     Today 13:45:10 by Void
Optimus Robot by tahanson43206
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     8     Yesterday 21:39:06 by Void
Robots becoming useful... by louis [ 1 2 3 … 6 ]
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     131     2024-01-20 16:36:00 by SpaceNut
Humanoid Robots Could Build Martian Settlements by Scott Beach [ 1 2 3 ]
    Martian Politics and Economy     66     2023-12-27 11:56:05 by Mars_B4_Moon
Robotic landers to the moon by SpaceNut
    Unmanned probes     3     2023-12-05 07:37:40 by Mars_B4_Moon
Robotic Camels for Mars Transportation by kbd512
    Planetary transportation     11     2023-10-09 06:34:26 by Mars_B4_Moon
Green Space, Including Earth, Robots, and Space Technology. by Void
    Not So Free Chat     9     2023-09-29 11:21:12 by Void
Robotic Mining by Adaptation
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     5     2023-09-23 04:38:34 by Mars_B4_Moon
Collaborative Robots Market by StraitsResearch
    New Mars Articles     20     2023-09-16 12:01:34 by tahanson43206
Robot Farming. by Void [ 1 2 ]
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     35     2023-08-17 04:06:14 by Mars_B4_Moon
Laser scanning cave with robotic spores / eggs a precursor to humans by Mars_B4_Moon
    Interplanetary transportation     1     2023-03-17 17:42:32 by Mars_B4_Moon
Productive walking Baba Yaga Robot Trees. by Void
    Terraformation     11     2022-10-03 22:16:44 by Mars_B4_Moon
Abandon Mars. Nomad Life for family at Quarry & move Robot miners by Mars_B4_Moon
    Human missions     0     2022-09-22 04:49:43 by Mars_B4_Moon
Tesla AI robot by louis
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     3     2022-08-11 19:00:24 by SpaceNut
Robot Equipment on Mars by tahanson43206
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     6     2022-07-30 11:40:57 by Mars_B4_Moon
Humanoid Robots and useful Animals. Helpers https://www.theverge.com by Void
    Life support systems     5     2022-07-27 05:37:13 by Mars_B4_Moon
Should we send humans or robots to Mars? by artursk [ 1 2 3 ]
    Human missions     63     2022-07-12 07:36:22 by Mars_B4_Moon
Robot Education Mars Related by tahanson43206
    Youth Group / Educational Outreach     1     2021-09-17 18:00:12 by SpaceNut
Robotics Education by tahanson43206
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     2     2021-09-15 22:12:16 by tahanson43206
China testing robotic satellite capture systems by Decimator
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     5     2021-06-20 10:51:52 by Mars_B4_Moon
Turnkey Robotic Systems And Automated Solutions by lesleytelfer
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     2     2020-10-13 10:02:10 by tahanson43206
Giant robots on Mars! by Tom Kalbfus
    Planetary transportation     11     2020-09-07 19:30:43 by SpaceNut
In-Space Construction Techniques / Robotic Construction by tahanson43206
    Science, Technology, and Astronomy     8     2020-03-29 11:15:30 by SpaceNut
Robotic ISPP Demonstrator Mission by kbd512
    Interplanetary transportation     7     2019-11-10 08:34:11 by tahanson43206
Rover Robot equipment by KamileBa           Water on Mars     2     2019-01-21 10:10:23 by SpaceNut

(th)

#3 2024-02-14 16:03:17

Void

Well this is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOlt1_Eho0
Quote:

Winning The Race TO AGI! CTO of Sanctuary AI

Dr. Know-it-all Knows it all
75.2K subscribers

7.9K views  1 day ago

A different sort of person I like it that way.  I like to see her say what she may say.

So, that introduces Sanctuary.

Done

This is also an interesting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VF0h_cvp8w
Quote:

Tesla Optimus Bot Competition Update with Scott Walter; Useful by End of '24

Randy Kirk
20K subscribers

minutes ago

Last edited by Void (2024-02-14 16:08:04)

Done.

#4 2024-02-18 10:05:17

Void

I have not finished this video yet.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubAHZPhBD9E
Quote:

Tesla Bot Competitor DROPS Video of OpenAI’s 1X Autonomous EVE Robot

Brighter with Herbert
66.7K subscribers

But it occurs to me that these robots will be parallel to method to hybrid life forms.

A problem with bipedal robots such as Optimus, is that maintaining battery charge will be complicated, without what I am going to suggest.

Paul Blart sort of has it: https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/r … ORM=VRDGAR

Hover Boards with wheels (Not anti-gravity), could be battery packs, and a bipedal robot may ride on one and be recharged at the same time.

The "Charge Boards" could be able to secure a bipedal robot by the feet and allow the robot to recharge while working.  The "Charge Boards" would probably be relatively low cost compared to a bipedal robot.  So, in a factory situation you would have such "Charge Boards" in sufficient quantity that the bipedal robots can stay in action 24/7 except for breakdowns of course.

So, the bipedal robots would at time roll on wheeled carts, sort of hover boards, and at other times step off and do bipedal actions.

Done.

Going as far with the Charge Board as Ginger: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn … ansporter/

Image Quote: dn1636-1_185.jpg?width=900

That particular machine has gyroscopic stability I believe.  While more expensive, perhaps it could be worthwhile in some.

The Humanoid robot would not need to hold the handle, perhaps it would have a fastener in its chest to clasp it, or vice versa.

So, you could have the advantages of bipedal legs and also wheels.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-02-18 10:22:04)

Done.

#5 2024-02-19 08:18:40

Void

I am not sure about all that is in videos like this but some of it is likely correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZN6ayUp1qk  Quote:

P4! 2024 "Next Gen III" Tesla Optimus Update! Why The Tesla Bot Abnormal? Details Explained

TESLA CAR WORLD

As in my previous post I am interested in auxiliary mobility devices that could be used with humanoid robots.

I understand why it will be desired to have a robot-like Optimus be able to emulate human interactions with reality.  And as the video suggests, energy efficiency is important.  But in the same way humans might use a assistive mobility device such a robot might also to expand/conserve energy, and in some cases to facilitate a particular type of work.

I have suggested Ginger as a mobility platform.

Quote:

Image Quote: dn1636-1_185.jpg?width=900

That particular machine has gyroscopic stability I believe.  While more expensive, perhaps it could be worthwhile in some.

However I would modify that to have a gripper on the ginger that would grab Optimus somewhere on it's back.  And the Ginger would probably have extra battery power.  The point is Optimus could step on or off of this mobile auxiliary platform, and might be recharged from a battery on the ginger.

This is not too silly, one place where I worked, maintenance people had large tricycles, to ride around on.

But I think a ginger might be better for getting on and off of the mobility device.

An electric wheelchair might be considered.  One where Optimus can sit down on but can stand up on while feet clamped onto the footrests, and one that Optimus would be able to easily step off of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorized_wheelchair
Image Quote: 330px-Pride_Jazzy_Select_power_chair_001.JPG

I can already guess that idiots or haters, (Maybe being both), might try to get Tesla stock to go down if they saw something like this, but it needs to be said what this really would be.

It could be a mobile charge station that can also carry and stabilize the robot.  The mobility device would also be a robot in its own right, just not a humanoid robot.

As far as sitting, actually the Optimus might only partially sit.  It may also be able to stand on the mobile platform.  And the intention is that it could step off of the platform relatively easily.

So, basically while in part of a workday the Optimus might be on legs completely, during the day these robots might rotate to a mobile platform, to be recharged, but they still may be able to do work while charging.

Ginger is nice, but I expect it is expensive, as I think it has gyroscopic stability.  Being on 3 or 4 wheels, can give mobility and stability without the gyroscopes.  I suppose that someday Optimus will need to be able to climb stairs, but I expect that in a factory, elevators/lifts, would be in use and stairs, would simply be a risk to damage a robot, and wheelchairs are not good on stairs.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-02-19 08:42:39)

Done.

#6 2024-02-20 06:08:33

Mars_B4_Moon

Meet Apollo, the real-life robot who wants to give you more free time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CdwPGC9nyk

#7 2024-02-24 08:57:31

Void

This is an interesting video about Optimus, I note that he mentions off planet use of the robots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpVpDB84-A  Quote:

Musk Shows MAJOR Teslabot Improvements!

75.7K subscribers

He mentions Mars, and the clouds of Venus among other things.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-02-24 08:58:59)

Done.

#8 2024-03-13 10:38:07

Void

If this is what it appears to be, it is very impressive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84oCKTLlbzk
Quote:

Breaking HUGE! You Will Not Believe this Video of Figure at Human Speed & Talking

Randy Kirk
20.5K subscribers

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-03-13 10:39:17)

Done.

#9 2024-03-25 13:27:47

Void

I have been pondering robots to cull invasive species for some time.  But I don't want it to be a cruel or obnoxious process.

I have occurred to me that for invasive species that lay eggs, it might be possible to limit the cruelty by targeting the eggs.

It would not be that cruel, as when I look at what is done with most male chicks, we live with a certain level of cruelty that we cannot afford to answer to yet at this time.

I think that targeting eggs would be the lesser cruelty.

I have in the past had my eye on the Cane Toad in Australia.  Robots that would kill them would be somewhat disturbing.  But eggs maybe less so.  I need to know more about Cane Toads.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_toad
Image Quote: 220px-CSIRO_ScienceImage_1842_Cane_Toad_Spawn.jpg

Quote:

This rapid growth is important for their survival; in the period between metamorphosis and subadulthood, the young toads lose the toxicity that protected them as eggs and tadpoles, but have yet to fully develop the parotoid glands that produce bufotoxin.[38] Only an estimated 0.5% of cane toads reach adulthood, in part because they lack this key defense[26][39]—but also due to tadpole cannibalism. Although cannibalism does occur in the native population in South America, the rapid evolution occurring in the unnaturally large population in Australia has produced tadpoles 30x more likely to be interested in cannibalising their siblings, and 2.6x more likely to actually do so. They have also evolved to shorten their tadpole phase in response to the presence of older tadpoles. These changes are likely genetic, although no genetic basis has been determined.[40]

So, the eggs are toxic and the adults are poisonous.  The tadpole stage may be vulnerable, but they tend to cull each other as tadpoles.

I suppose if a relatively humane way were available to catch and terminate the surviving tadpoles before they adult poison, that could be useful.  Collection will scare them of course, can't be helped.  A proper application of vacuum might be relatively painless.

I understand that explosive decompression is very painful to humans.  But a venting of air pressure at the correct rate makes the person rapidly lose consciousness, and then to die.

Collecting eggs might become a resource, but then they are toxic.  Perhaps there is a way to heat the eggs and destroy the toxin?

Otherwise collecting the cannibal tadpoles and killing them before they develop adjust toxicity, then the tadpoles could be fed to some type of livestock.  I guess freezing them might be an alternate way to kill and preserve the tadpoles for use as animal feed.

AI used in conjunction with robots could very likely detect repeating patterns of where and when Cane Toads propagate and where and when eggs or cannibal tadpoles could be collected.

Anyway, that notion has sort of "hatched" a bit.  It may be that the robots need to be able to do some other useful services when they are not culling the eggs and cannibal tadpoles.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK, perhaps the invasive Pythons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_p … in_Florida
Quote:

The high reproductive potential, rapid sexual development, and longevity of Burmese pythons results in difficulty controlling the population through removal of individuals. A typical female breeds every other year, produces a clutch of between 20 and 50 eggs, and can live for 20 years or more.

So, could some robots under the direction of AI know the egg laying patterns of the Pythons, and take the eggs, perhaps freezing them?
Perhaps a market for them?  Not me, but there are lots of various people.

And then the Iguana's.

The thing is I am guessing that these creatures have predictable behaviors as per when and where to lay eggs.  So, an AI might record the history of it and have the robots check the repeat patterns perhaps.

The robots will be dealing with wet situations for the most part and will need an on-board power supply.  But eggs cannot run, so the robot only has to be slow, but I suppose if a parent animal would object to it it would have to have means to deal with the creatures.

Good luck with a python squeezing a robot to death and eating it.

Of course, if we build and train robots to terminate other life forms, we might want to make sure we don't make the kill list.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-03-25 14:10:20)

Done.

#10 2024-03-27 22:01:59

Void

This is interesting: "UNBELIEVABLE! China Breeds 1,200,000 Rabbits in The Desert to Turn The Desert into an Oasis!

Asia Hot Topigs — NE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-GlbONubo

The idea of using special rabbits is interesting.  Why then does Australia have such a problem with rabbits?

If the above is true, then perhaps robots could change things.  Just a wild idea, I admit.  The question is, why are Rabbits good in China and bad in Australia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbits_in_Australia
Making robots to kill rabbits would be somewhat disgusting.

But could you make a robot that will supply drinking water selectively?  That is to select for the breed you like if you do have one you like.
Also, perhaps to give a chemical that will impede breeding in the types you don't like.  I don't know if desert rabbits drink water very much they may get water from the food they eat.  But there again, if you could selectively distribute food laced with a chemical only the animals that you don't want to breed as much, maybe you could modify the population characteristics.

Well, a robot may be able to identify a type of animal and act according to a program towards it.  In this case the robot could perhaps be stationary.

I will guess that it is not that easy, but the question remains, why are rabbits good in the deserts of China, but not good in the lands of Australia?

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-03-27 22:09:44)

Done.

#11 2024-03-28 06:19:52

tahanson43206

For Void .... you have posed ** such ** an interesting question!

Please follow up with one or more posts that explore the question in depth!

As a first impression, I am mystified how rabbits could survive in a desert, let alone turn it into an "oasis" !!!

it seems to me that this is something we (forum members) would like to know more about, and you are the ** very ** best member to investigate further!

(th)

#12 2024-03-28 07:42:17

Void

(th), thanks for the interest.

Let's dispense with the propaganda first.  East Asian inventiveness seems a bit different than western inventiveness.  But there can be binary conflict motivations to say one is better than the other.  A news article is a way for someone to advance a career as well.  So, distortions in reality are possible, the telling of the story could be skewed in some way for that reason.

But on to the technical parts.  The soil could be of a special kind in the desert China engineered.  But also, rabbit burrows and droppings could favor the growth of certain types of plants.  Later I will explain why this could be important.  Rains may better soak the ground with the burrows, and the droppings of course are fertilizer.  Frost and I presume nighttime dews will tend to flow into the burrows as per heavier cooler air.  In the winters burrows could in a similar way cool the soil as per more surface area, and cooler soil may hold moisture better during a growing season.

Now for the color of the vegetation.  This and perhaps other characteristics of the vegetation can affect the temperature of the atmosphere at certain levels.  I recall long ago that planting trees for instance can cause the higher sky to be cooler, and so allow more rain drops to form.

Desert soils without vegetation can reflect sunlight into the part of the sky/atmosphere where clouds are likely to form, warming it and making condensation more difficult to form precipitations.

Vegetation, perhaps green, can perhaps distribute the heat back out as an infrared which the greenhouse effect may inhibit from untimely travel to that condensation zone.

Well, I only partly understand it if it is true.  You might want to factor rainfall in for your thinking about methods to cool buildings with what is in your post here: http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 48#p220948
http://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php … 45#p220945
Quote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo … 3b48&ei=99

Interesting Engineering
12K Followers
Scientists reveal all-day cooling tech that also generates clean electricity
Story by Ameya Paleja • 1d • 3 min read

Now, robots could affect the albedo, and color of the effective ground, and then so the heating of the "Sky", relative to the heating of the "Surface".

And interesting way to do this is to have heliostat robots that reflect some of the light selectively towards some targets and away from others.  Doing this could cause a cold spot in the upper atmosphere relative to what the desert soils would normally do.  So, for instance seeing clouds forming the heliostats could shine light to some other location.  Normally some kind of a power generating device may be preferred, but perhaps a different part of the sky.  This might tip a cloud into precipitation of rain, snow, or hail.

We can consider at least some heliostats to be robots.

We also have farming robots that can alter the nature of vegetation.  Weeding, watering, fertilizing to favor an altered vegetation cover on land.  This again could result in different conditions for the cloud forming level of the atmosphere.

And now I have started to think about manipulations of the populations of animals on a sector of land to also alter the vegetations conditions of living.  This could have some favorable effects on the nature of the vegetation, which could affect the sky temperature profiles.

Remember that time is a factor as well Day/Night and Seasonal can also affect the cloud formations.  Only some of the time can the albedo and color and other thermal radiation factors affect the cloud forming sky.

But the idea might be to cause a different land surface characteristic that tends to influence forms of moisture to be retained instead of being exported from the desert.

Done.

Last edited by Void (2024-03-28 08:09:07)

Done.

#13 2024-04-03 12:19:25

Void

This is further information about desert modification and the use of rabbits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfbxcaJvKzw
Quote:

China's Kubuqi Desert: 20,000 farmers escape poverty and combat desertification with rabbits.

Chinese Revival
5.16K subscribers

Some of the translation to English is odd, but maybe a bit amusing.  Suicidal Otter-Rabits?  But there is information to discover.

As concerns robots, a question would be what robots could be assistive in making this work even better?

Also, I anticipate that solar panels that may shade the desert might be of some help.

Another way to use robots might be to restore the Mammoth Steppe.  Robots might nip trees in the bud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_Park
Conversion of north forest to grassland has a potential to preserve permafrost, and to help cool the Earth.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-03 12:24:22)

Done.

#14 2024-04-05 09:01:11

Void

The Electric Viking has some interesting materials here: https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/r … &FORM=VIRE  Quote:

China is mass-producing humanoid robots that will 'reshape the world'
YouTube
The Electric Viking
55.5K views
2 weeks ago

I have come to realize that their are two types of deflation.
1) Common people do not feel that they have enough wealth to purchase goods.
2) The cost of goods drops so much that common people feel they can afford things they felt they could not afford before.

Robots may bring #2.  #1, is typically a result of a society resembling southern agricultural societies having put the economy into a stall, by sucking too much wealth away from the common people for the currency to flow.

Southern agricultural societies typically try to generate servant classes and then to try to go north and put the northern peoples under their servants.  This causes big wars.  Robots are a new factor.  In spite of what they claim China is not a southern culture.  At least not entirely.  The northerners are running the place, at least just now.  Being in a marginal land place may stimulate clever industrial behaviors.  These are my current opinions.

Anyway, I am not afraid of China Robots.  They will cause deflation, #2.  And it is unlikely that industrial secrets can be kept private to one society.  So, their inventions will become ours as well, and vice versa.

So, a different world will emerge.

It follows that this will matter as well: https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/r … ajaxhist=0  Quote:

China's record-breaking new solar panels will be made by robotic humans
YouTube
The Electric Viking
138.3K views
4 months ago

I thought this would emerge.  #2 deflation of solar panels, and our Democrat party cannot stop them.  Our democrat party is the descendant of the Agricultural Southern Culture.  It is interesting and encouraging that many people of the old south do not engage with the Democrat party anymore.  The new south has absorbed other people.  Democrats will favor industrial workers, provided that they can keep them in the servant classes and under control.

I don't proclaim the Republicans to be perfect though.  But we are blessed, in my opinion.  Because China and Russia exist, our South Elites cannot afford to block industrial things like humanoid robots, or our expansion into space.  If they manage to turn the common people into surfs, then China and Russia and Co. will surpass us.  It is as brutally simple as that.  I do not fear this, I am very happy for it.

Done

So, #1 could be called Deflation by Confiscation.
So, #2 could be called Productive Deflation.

Looters (Ann Rand), that are allowed to get into industrial corporations will always deploy "Bean Counting".

And their other skill is verbal.  The phrase "Productivity" is not the same as "Productive Deflation".

Claims to want to deal with a lack of productivity should raise an alarm.  It probably indicates that looters are trying to get in control of assets, so that they can loot, using "Bean Counters", and "Verbiage".

I have witnessed it myself, where the Conglomerate I worked for has suffered a great deal from that process.  They used to have a lot of oddball inventors, but now those were pushed out to allow the "Bean Counters", to get the "Verbals" into power.

Done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis

Hormesis of the North, may have stimulated industrial processes.  But such a stressor may make an industrial community vulnerable to looters from other cultures.

There could be other stimulants of Hormesis than the cold of the North.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-05 09:59:39)

Done.

#15 2024-04-08 06:56:30

Void

For better or for worse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwFP-usWlgM
Quote:

Chinese EV maker reveals the Humanoid Robots that will replace humans

The Electric Viking
205K subscribers

What they demonstrate up front does not look that amazing just yet, but I anticipate that indeed Humanoid and other robots will start small and just keep being able to do more.

This could result in lower cost products that common people may be able to afford, but of course common people will need some means of earning at least some "Money".

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-08 06:59:22)

Done.

#16 2024-04-08 07:09:44

tahanson43206

For Void re the question you posed in #15....

A wise ruler (of which the human race has produced a very small number) would take action to insure their population is well fed, well educated, and in all ways kept free of want or fear, so that it produces healthy, enthusiastic, optimistic citizens who are motivated to assist the wise ruler.

In the case of development of robots such as your post #15 shows, it would be beneficial if the ownership of such devices were made available to the "common people" by decree, so that each citizen is able to benefit from the productivity of the robots.

The alternative is the normal human selfishness, that allows the creator of such tools to maintain ownership, and to squeeze as much value out of them as possible. An example of the result of such behavior is the demise of Boeing Aircraft, which started out as a company dedicated to quality engineering, and transitioned to a cash cow status as stock holders forced sucking the company dry.

The default behavior for humans throughout history seems to be selfishness, with little spurts of generosity popping up occasionally.

(th)

#17 2024-04-08 09:09:43

Void

I see your words.

I think that the USA and similar countries already may have some mechanisms for coping with the emergence of humanoid robots, in the early parts of it but may have to dig deeper into the toolbox, later, to see if it can deal with robots that can do almost anything better than people.  But the good news is that we have a period of more benefits than problems generated, I think.

Labor laws and the structures that the GI Generation put in place may be quite useful.  Contrary to what it may seem this may stimulate corporate growth also, as if extra wealth is generated and distributed, then the means for people to buy what corporations may wish to sell will be enhanced.

Our Millennials being somewhat like the GI Generation but never challenged with a massive war, may have tendencies to promote these things, even so.  I think it was Artists (Woody Allen and Co.), Prophets (Me Babie Boomer), Nomads(X), and Millennials (Hero's?).  (See the book "The fourth Turning").  https://www.thegenxfiles.com/tag/nomad/

Anyway, we may be able to put their Childhood leftist leanings to some good use to balance reality.  Or they will, more likely.

America has a lot of good problems to have at this time.  We have a vast backlog of infrastructure that needs fixing, We borrowed a lot of money at low interest rates, (National Debt). and other things that are generally frowned on.

Per labor arrangements if it becomes necessary the work week can be shortened from 40 hours???  And the retirement age can be lowered in time.  (Not yet!)

And I suppose things that people don't normally abuse like medical can perhaps eventually be expanded.  Medical is usually only done sensibly except for hypochondriacs, who can probably be identified.

While you may think I have taken a road to the left, Elon Musk himself has said that eventually people will need a guaranteed income.  We are not nearly there yet.  Keep in mind that many rich people give their children such guarantees.

The question of SSI and Medicare.  Many on the right act as if this is a gift to the retired, but these are Annuities Actually.  People like Bernie Sanders also think that these are socialism and why don't we give it to everyone immediately.  But as I have said, these are Annuities for life, there was some sort of an earning process and an investing process.  These are "Entitlements", because the recipients are in fact Entitled to them.  Many powerful people lick, their lips as they would like to spend that money on other things that put money in their corner of reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_annuity

I think also that if work becomes scarce for humans, it may become true that if you have a second job or work too many hours, you have a higher tax rate.  But this would not stop you from using your time to better yourself, or to perhaps otherwise build something for yourself.

Many with free time will be tempted to overindulge in self destructive behaviors though unfortunately.  This is a sort of Darwinism.  Those who do not have sensible self-regulation may damage their own interests.  But this was always so in some ways.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Later on, it may be useful to encourage some kind of Homesteading process in space to give people space and something to do.

We are going to have to try to do something about our sexually perverted culture though, so that a continuation of useful peoples can be perpetuated.

I was a baby boomer.  There were so many of us that be became misdirected in my opinion.  I think we have to seize the formation of sexuality from the powers that were recently assigned to direct them.  (Priests, Feminists, and Pornographers).  These have all an interest of money and power, and not for the proper development of children.

Because of them our society raises a lot of badly adapted and imprinted people.  People who do not find reality satisfying.  But that was perhaps the intention, as unsatisfied people may buy products which supposedly may satisfy them.  But, once you have someone hooked, the last thing you want to do is satisfy them.  So, you work to keep them broken and disturbed.

As for the Baby Boomers, they decided to exploit us by making a two-income family necessary in many cases to make a home.  This then took manipulation of children away from the family, Manipulation of children requires time and effort and that someone was there to do the manipulation.

This is no different than manipulating objects.

Anyway, robots may provide more object manipulation, and the damage has already been done to the Baby Boomers, it is far to late to fix it, what was done was done.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-08 09:44:26)

Done.

#18 2024-04-09 04:14:41

Calliban

Such robots could be the eventual key to allowing interstellar colonisation.  Robotic ships travelling at 1% C could reach the nearest stars on a time frame of centuries.  Once there, they would find a suitable asteroid and begin building a human habitat using concentrated solar energy from the target star.  Frozen embryos would then be grown in artificial uterus and humanoid robots would raise them.  This avoids the need for building huge generation ships.  A robotic seeder ship may be no larger than a jet airliner.  We could accelerate ships of this size using solar sails to 1000km/s (0.33% C) or fission fragment rockets to 1-2% C.  Advanced robotics is key to making interstellar travel affordable.

Last edited by Calliban (2024-04-09 04:15:34)

"Plan and prepare for every possibility, and you will never act. It is nobler to have courage as we stumble into half the things we fear than to analyse every possible obstacle and begin nothing. Great things are achieved by embracing great dangers."

#19 2024-04-09 08:25:11

Void

That seems important to me.  The idea that there is likely to be a way to propagate to other worlds far off will be important, even if never actually done.

In such a world, also, it would be easier to raise or even initiate children/citizens.  Just now the legal system seems to have found a way to extort money from the procreation process.  Money for lawyers and some government entities.  Unfortunately, this creates an incentive for some of the Verbals, to encourage turmoil in marriage, as if is a wealth source for those verbal types.  The damage to children is a cost that the "Legals" do not have to pay for, they only see the upside of extraction of wealth.  Robot helpers with children, might make it easier to keep marriages stable.

Furthermore, the larger creation of wealth may make Marriages more stable as well, except for those persons who only had the selfish motive of marriage for money.  A sort of delayed action prostitution that we see coupled to the legal system now.  The Marriage/Legal system has become a sort of prostitution machine now, where the government/Lawyers, serve as a pimping function.  Men may be better off not to join with that type of woman that would choose to facilitate that process.  such females could get wealth while not troubling a partner, and eventually people who cannot give birth, can even so have children if they want to.

Historically priests served as the pimping function but now Lawyers and Government do a great deal of it.

That might be true, also if you could send robots to make people in another star system.

Robo Taxi may change society quite a lot as well here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MLXq8j4ft8  Quote:

20 Ways Tesla’s Robotaxi Will Change the World

Brighter with Herbert
71.4K subscribers

I am not sure, but I think this will eventually be a very good tool for American suburbia.  Inner cities first though.  It sort of answers the criticism of America for it suburbs.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-09 08:40:04)

Done.

#20 2024-04-09 11:14:46

Void

This is about AI which is related to robots, I would say: https://www.pbs.org/wnet/amanpour-and-c … st-nqfwah/  Quote:

AI Could Actually Help Rebuild the Middle Class, Says MIT Economist
As artificial intelligence catches on in America, fears of general unemployment are growing. Elon Musk called AI “the most disruptive force in history” and 75 percent of U.S. adults believe it will lead to job losses, according to a recent Gallup poll. But MIT Economics Professor David Autor says this fear is misplaced. He joins Walter Isaacson to discuss the opportunities AI could bring.

I have started to wonder about human robot partnerships, and how productive they could be.
For instance I wonder if a humanoid robot could do the sanding for drywall work.  It is very fussy work, which truthfully I did not do that well, but a robot might eventually do it well and perhaps would do it well forever.

Calliban had an interesting post today: https://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.ph … 65#p221565
It was about starting a human settlement in a new star system.  I have now been wondering about Neuralink.
Could it be that you might absorb a sort of e-mail from a e-mail pal on a small world of such a star system?

Even have a conversation with a computer emulation of that sender person.  More than seeing a video, an as if you were there experience recollection.

I don't know if Neuralink will ever work with that much data to a brain.
I think it came from him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kurzweil  A book of his.

But then one such message could go into more than one persons mind.

I have seen notions that a worm hole might allow real time communications also.  That came from a futurist.  But not holding breath on that.
Well regardless of speed, it may be possible in the future to have an "As if you were there experienced".  Maybe.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-09 11:42:35)

Done.

#21 2024-04-13 15:16:16

Void

I think that this is a big one: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo … i-BB1kWYLz  Quote:

Interesting Engineering
1w
Humanoid Robot Explores Unreachable Depths

Discover the groundbreaking capabilities of a humanoid robot designed by Stanford researchers, capable of exploring depths unreachable by humans. With its 3D vision and haptic interface, operators can see and feel through the robot, revolutionizing underwater exploration.>

There are likely to be a lot of aquatic environments on Mars and the outer worlds where this could be very useful.  And it could be helpful for people as they could interact with a living environment remotely, even though that environment would lack life support for them.  Neuralink also comes to mind for the interactions with these.

I am sure these will be upgraded over time as we have so much water covered planet here.  And those will work well on Mars and other worlds.

Also, artificial orbital devices might employ them as well: https://newmars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10740
The above is the topic: "Index» Terraformation» Para Terra formation in Orbit, with orbital services."

In that topic, I am working towards, radiators that can be farms, that may dissipate heat from a hot source such as nuclear, and generate power with which chemicals and possibly lighting might be created with.

We are getting to the point where nuclear could supply long term hot, and solar though less reliable on Mars, could heat thermal batteries, that would allow prolonged power generation, limited by dust storms and perhaps seasons.

This would allow for lakes and seas covered with ice that could serve as radiators, and you could have Acetate and Oxygen and perhaps other chemicals boot up a biome under the ice.  You could also include some low lighting.  Some plants may grow in low lighting, if they also would have chemicals such as Acetate and Oxygen.

Lets guess that up to 40% of Mars could be done this way.  And that would warm the subsurface and also produce greenhouse gasses that might get into the atmosphere.

This could work very fine on Titan, I expect.  There is some thinking now that the sand dunes on Titan are actually sand, which may contain nuclear materials, and then perhaps someday fusion.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-13 15:31:56)

Done.

#22 2024-04-17 12:54:51

Void

This is just amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWXdBxqQL7I
Quote:

BREAKING: Boston Dynamics SHOCKS With New Humanoid Robot

Brighter with Herbert
72K subscribers

I am not sure that they will compete with things like Tesla Bot.  Amazing nature, I did not notice well-functioning hands yet though.

It may be expensive and power consuming.  I don't know.  So, it may not compete for the same work that Optimus might do.

But robots are a thing for sure.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-17 12:57:06)

Done.

#23 2024-04-18 10:27:25

Void

Another Boston Dynamics Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrYBJrnkNIg
Quote:

Boston Dynamics Bot STRIKES BACK--Terminator Style!

78.4K subscribers

I am going to finish my life in a SciFi world.

Done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efebwb2DW3w
Quote:

Boston Dynamics NEW Humanoid Robot SHOCKS The ENTIRE Industry! (Atlas 2.0)

Matthew Berman

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-18 10:34:42)

Done.

#24 2024-04-24 13:34:07

Void

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Rn0YxGen8
Quote:

Tesla Optimus Goes On Sale 2025; Bot Games? Patent Wars; The Humanoid Age

Randy Kirk
21.2K subscribers

Subscribe

582 views  1 hour ago
Scott doesn't want to say he told you so, and I'm giving him all the credit. We got it right, even if we were a little optimistic on the time line. There is also plenty of news to report in the bot world

Someday the Moon?  Probably, I think.  But no air to cool the electronics and actuators with.  So, they will need to be a bit different.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-24 13:36:15)

Done.

#25 2024-04-25 11:31:32

Void

Another robot Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACDxCQWrrU
Quote:

BREAKING: Tesla Bot Competitor Sanctuary DROPS New Humanoid Bot

Brighter with Herbert
72.8K subscribers

I suppose I believe that these things are just going to continue to become more practical to do productive work.

They will not be likely to become less capable.

Done

Last edited by Void (2024-04-25 11:33:30)

Done.

Board footer